Welcome to this blog :) If this is your first time here, you may want to read the introduction, which is the first posted article. You'll find it at the end of the blog archives, on the right column.
If ever you like this blog, everytime you are sharing, posting a comment, or registering your email to get informed about new posts, it's a very big help. Thank you.

Friday, 6 February 2015

Something a bit lighter. A nicer memory with Chinmoy.

In 2006 I asked Chinmoy if I could move the restaurant to a better location and he agreed.
I decided to move it to the Marais, a very nice arty area in downtown Paris: a bit like Soho in NY or London.
This area happens to be the gay district too, but not only that: it's a very mixed area, with exactly the kind of people who would be interested in a veggie restaurant (not so common in France).
Disciples knew I was gay, and some got scared that I wanted to move the restaurant into a gay area and told me it was a bad idea.
As if a straight disciple should live or work in a gay neighbourhood to be more safe!
In 2007, Chinmoy was in Paris for 24 hours. I had made a file with photos of the location I was considering and after the concert he asked to be driven by it.
The location was at this time a gay bar. Chinmoy drove by around 11pm when it was packed.
The next day, a big shot of the French Centre, who was in the car, told me how she was horrified to see Chinmoy being driven past a gay bar. Interesting point of view once you know about Chinmoy's sex circle and considering that this person was very likely a member of this circle. But Chinmoy told me he liked it. K. and S. who were in the car then told me, "Go for it: it's a great location."
It did not happen with this place, but I got another one in the same area.
And I did not have any sexual or romantic experiences before I left the Centre, even running a restaurant with some quite cute gay customers. I was so stupid at this time: so many missed opportunities ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment